Thursday, April 6, 2023

Woman Unbound

A woman unbound, she tells me of loves past and future, of great distances and of warmth greater still, and she kisses the tip of my nose. I hold her close.

Love stands near the door. But how is anyone to know? 

I ask her if what was old is new again. She laughs, and I ask her to dance with me. She does not hesitate to take the hand I offer. We navigate the dance floor to find an open spot. She is like the wind, dancing with me, touching me, moving with me. We dance holding hands, we dance embracing each other, we dance not knowing who is around us. We dance. 

I caress her bare arms, she rests her face on my chest, I kiss her hair ever so briefly. Her hands, her hands I kiss, I hold, I squeeze gently and she squeezes back. Her body's scent around me, she tells me things. I ask her things. I tell her that I so want to kiss her neck, but that I will fight the urge. That I so want to touch her secrets, but that I will fight the urge. That I so want to make her mine.

She laughs. God, she laughs at my little jokes. And nothing makes me feel more alive.

I look in her eyes and wonder how I can tell her what I am feeling, how I can tell her the joy that she is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment