Saturday, July 28, 2018

From JJ: Her story

(I found this story written by you.. from so many years ago! It connects most directly to this vignette)

I’m in your arms when you say, “I want to take you somewhere special, a favorite place of mine.” 

My eyes narrow slightly and I tilt my head.  “Like the place we met?”

You laugh and I feel warmth in my chest and other places.  “No, not a dungeon.  This is a beautiful place, it’s called Apollo.  The kind of place you take someone on a date.”

In moments, we materialize surrounded by green.  Trees form overhead against a bright blue sky and flowers trace paths over rolling hills.  A park.
You take my hand.  “Come, it’s this way.”
 I follow behind you, my willingness already a natural response. 
“There it is.  Come, sit.”

I watch you walk to a chair set up amongst the trees.  Not an ordinary chair, but exotic, masculine, as if created for a warrior.  You sit with practiced ease, stretching out your long legs.  I stand before you, unsure of what to do.   “Click here,” you instruct, and when I do, my body settles on your lap, my head on your shoulder, my legs draped over yours.  An intimate position, one with the promise of greater intimacy to come.   Again, I feel warmth spread through me; nervous desire and something harder to name.

You stroke my hair and whisper into my ear, “We fit perfectly together.”

I feel your fingers run over my calf and along my thigh.  You’re so sure of yourself, but isn’t that what I find most attractive about you?   I remember our first meeting.  It had been brief, one of hundreds of encounters in this place, but in those few minutes I could feel your intensity drawing me in.   “Why did you contact me?  I didn’t expect it.”

“I didn’t plan to.  I normally wouldn’t, but…”

“What?”

“I kept thinking about you.”  You draw a finger over my lips in a gentle caress.   “I’m not sure why.”

Your shirt opens over the dusky skin of your chest and I slide my hand inside, needing to touch you.
“I didn’t expect to hear from you because I read on your profile about your partner.”

You look me straight in the eye.  “Yes.”  No excuses.  No denials.  Just, “yes”.

“So, am I to be your mistress?”

Your laughter is deep and genuine.  “You are to be my lover.  I know this.”

Anger flashes through me at your presumptuousness.  “You already have a lover, one you claim to adore.”

“I did adore her once.  I still care for her, but she isn’t right for me.  I can’t be my true self with her.”

“What does that mean?  What is your true self?”  The silence lasts so long I almost ask again.

“There’s a darkness in me, baby.  I’m afraid it might frighten you away.”

I can’t deny my shiver of anticipation.  We're the same, you and I.  That's the bond we share. “Trust me, it won’t.”

--- By JJ many years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment