Thursday, December 27, 2018

Magic

Turn your magic on
To me she'd say
Everything you want is a dream away
                                     --------------------  From "Adventure of a Lifetime" by Coldplay

The din of the restaurant around us fades as my eyes focus on your lips. You are telling me something you are excited about, but your words flow past me. I am enthralled by the light in your eyes, the way your raven hair frames your face, the way your mouth shapes the words you are saying, your unadorned neck moving ever so slightly as you speak. I echo the smile in your eyes and reach for your free hand with mine, caressing it ever so slightly. You pause to put a forkfull of pasta into your mouth and I raise my glass of wine to you. With a clink you touch your glass to mine and we both enjoy the wine for a bit.

"You weren't listening to me, were you?"

"I was listening to every little movement of your face."

"What am I going to do with you?," you say, laughing happily.

"I know exactly what I am going to do with you. When we get home, that is." I reach across to caress your lips briefly.

"Michael, be serious!"

"I couldn't be more serious, my love. It is your birthday and I have a nightful of dreams to make."

No comments:

Post a Comment